Monday, September 10, 2007

One more hallucination, for old times sake...

While on chemo I was taking deacadron to help control the nausea. Decadron has many interesting side effects, one of which is hallucination. These hallucinations manifested themselves for me as odd phrases popping into my head at random moments. I remember once there was something about a train in Madrid scheduled to leave at 3pm and another time something about the meaning of cloud formations. They were generally quite poetic and, aside from the creepy feeling of my thoughts being out of my control for a second or two, I didn't really mind. Haven't had one in months, but today while walking down the street to my office I heard a voice as clear as day:

"Landed Gentry"


What does it mean? What great insight into my psyche can I gleam from this? Is it a potent of my future? A memory of a past life? Random misfiring of some bored neuron?

I guess we'll never know.

No comments: