Monday, February 26, 2007

my dog's balls


Murphy, my new puppy, is scheduled for neutering tomorrow. And the only thing I can think of is if he is going to get good pain meds. Not so that I can share, you silly readers. I would only steal human pain meds - who knows what that dog crap would do to you. But I am worried about him post surgery. I can only guess that my obsession with veterinary pain medication is because I had to go through such horrendous surgery 4 months ago. Pain is bad. Like, really bad. And you don't realize how minor that little twisted ankle is until you've had your gut scalpeled open and various parts of you removed. Oww. It hurts.

I was given lots of different pain meds during my recovery and without them I think I might have gone insane. How did people have surgery in Ancient Rome? Maybe they had heroin or something. I sure hope so.

Anyway, I hope my poor puppy doesn't feel to much pain. I love him too much to think of him having to suffer.

No comments: